Friday, August 28, 2009

great things come in pairs

Some of you might have heard of this song with over a million views,
Larkin Step (an original composition) by Ling Kai, a 22-year old Singaporean Singer-songwriter.

http://www.lingkaimusic.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/ling86


I remember getting hooked onto this song last year.


Larkin Step

Lyrics, beautiful.

Go he turned and walked away
I couldn't think of what to say
When plane engines fall through your roof
and I broke my knee while walking down the street that I lived in
while no one was passing by

Chorus:
Life comes along and it trickles down the cheeks of every beautiful boy
Time moves along and it breaks every bone in your spine

And into the flight of night
insomnia strikes and hopes alight
set ourselves up to fall
so we star gaze and we write down all the things that we'll do

Fall into the river
our pocket full of stones
full of stones

Chorus, etc.





Perfect Today

One of her later compositions, totally in love with this too! Besides the kazoo part, which didn't sound so nice over the video (the do do do do do, do do do do do part).

Gosh I might like this song more than larkin step. I so totally want her guitar skills. The guitar peixuan lent me is still sleeping soundly at the end of my bed, can't find the time to learn it. After promos, after promos.


Strangely enough, I can't seem to get started. on the work/books I mean.

No comments: